For you who loves Super Smash Bros video game, then you would like to have it on your PC. But how do you download and install Smash Bros on Windows 10 PC? In this article, you will get to learn about Smash Bros for PC.
Presently, Smash Bros can only be played on Nintendo 64, iQue Player, GameCube, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and Nintendo Switch. HAL Laboratory first developed this fighting video game.
However, in recent years Game Arts, Sora Ltd., and Bandai Namco Studios (current) have been the other developers of this game. The release of the initial version of Super Smash Bros was in early 1999. There have several updates, and the latest version (Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) was released at the end of 2018.
So, how can you play Super Smash Bros on your Windows PC? Continue reading to know various ways of accessing the fight game on Windows PC today.
How to Download Super Smash Bros on PC?
Before you begin downloading this game on your PC, you need to remember it works on Nintendo 64. Hence, you require an emulator for you to play the game on PC.
So, the following are emulators you can use to play Smash Bros on PC.
Dolphin emulator is among the best video game console emulators you can install on your PC. Whether you own a Windows, macOS, or Linux PC, then you are assured that this emulator will work.
It emulates GameCube and Wii video game consoles, which are used in playing Smash Bros. the emulator works in both 32 and 64-bit PCs. Before you download this video game emulator, you should look at your PC system type.
- Check if it is x64 or x86 system and the RAM too after that follow these steps to download and install the Dolphin emulator.
- Go to dolphin-emu.org to download the latest version of this emulator.
- Then click on Download Dolphin 5.0-11932 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
NB: Remember that Dolphin is currently available for x64 system PCs. Furthermore, ensure you download a RAR software such as WinRAR to extract the Dolphin setup as it will be in a zipped file.
- When the download process is done, install the emulator and open it.
- Then go back to your browser and download the latest version of Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
- Visit smashbros.nintendo.com to download the game. However, you will be redirected to the official web page of Nintendo and purchase the video game. It will cost you $59.99.
- Once you have downloaded the ISO file, you can install it on the Dolphin emulator and start playing the game on your PC.
- When it is done now, you can start the game on your PC and play either alone or with friends.
Furthermore, you can choose to play the game with gaming pads or using your PC’s keyboard.
The next emulator you can use in accessing Smash Bros on your PC is Yuzu emulator. It works on both Windows, Linux, and macOS. Yuzu emulates Nintendo Switch, one of the platforms which Super Smash Bros is compatible with.
- To download this emulator, go to yuzu-emu.org.
- Click on download to begin the download process of the Yuzu emulator setup.
- Currently, Yuzu emulator works for 64-bit Windows PC when the download is complete install the Yuzu setup on your PC.
- When installing, choose Yuzu Canary then click install.
- On completion, Yuzu will require additional files. You can download the data via this link.
- There are two folders from the Yuzu additional file you downloaded.
- Open the location of Yuzu on App data and drag & drop the Keys folder. Then open the folder of the name on Yuzu and go to System then drag the contents folder.
- When you are done close the tabs and open Yuzu Canary, to access the games, click on File then Select Game Directory. You will be directed to File Explorer then go to the location of Super Smash Bros.
- NB: For the switch games to run in this emulator, they need to be in XCI or NSP format.
- Before you begin playing the game on the Yuzu emulator, ensure you choose the storage location of Super Smash Bros.
- Then double-click to open the game and start playing.
This emulator is among the various N64 emulators. To download the setup of the Project64 emulator, visit pj64-emu.com.
- Then click on Get Project64 for Windows.
- Before installing this emulator, check if your system meets all the minimum requirements needed to install this emulator.
- After downloading the setup, install it to your PC.
- The next step is to download Smash Bros. To get the game go to vimm.net; it is a directory of different games according to the video gaming console.
- On the site, click The Vault to select your preferred console. Because you are using Project64, you will choose Nintendo 64.
- On the page, you will see several games but click on Super Smash Bros. You can also download other games next time.
- If you don’t see your game, go to the Search tab and search for the game. Click on download to get the game.
- The game will be on a zip file. You must extract it before you think of running it on the Project64 emulator. To play the game, open File and select the game from its location.
NB: Remember, Project64 is an N64 emulator. So, this procedure works for all other N64 emulators. Download your preferred N64 emulator and follow this process.
Lastly, don’t forget to configure the control button or select whether you will be using the keyboard or gaming pads playing Smash Bros on PC.
Features of Smash Bros For Windows 10
This game has seventy-four fighters plus downloadable content. Some of the fighters include; Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, and many others.
Super Smash Bros has over one hundred stages. The following are new stages in Smash Bros; Mementos, New Donk City Hall, Great Plateau Tower, Moray Towers, Dracula’s Castle, Garret Mach Monastery, etc.
You have different types of things at your disposal that you can use during a fight. Sandbag, fake smash ball, blast box, master ball, assist trophy, poke ball, warp star, bunny hood, and many other items are available for use when playing.
To make your time memorable while playing the game. It has different music that you can listen to when playing the game.
Fighting Games for PC – Similar Games Like Smash Bro
The following are alternative fight games you can play on PC other than Smash Bros.
1. Battle Royale Games
One of the most popular genres when it comes to fighting games is Battle Royale Games. There are different Battle Royale Games like Call of Duty, Apex Legends, Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter, etc.
You can play these games on your PC using Bluestacks emulator or any other type of Android emulator. Therefore, don’t get bored while you can play Battle Royale Games on PC.
2.Rivals of Aether
It is another fighting game you can enjoy playing on a PC. The game was developed and designed by Dan Fornace. Additionally, the game works on Windows, so no need to download emulators. Go to your Microsoft Office Store and download the game and start enjoying it.
For more information about the Rival of Aether, visit this link.
Do you love playing fight games with a friend? Another fighting game you can play is Brawlout. It has twenty-five characters, and you can choose to either play alone or with up to four players. The game was developed by Angry Mob Games but published with them together with Merge Games.
Visit Brawlout.com for more information about the game.
Playing video games was considered a thing for kids. However, that phenomenon is changing. Currently, adults, too, love spending time playing video games like Smash Bros. However, it becomes costly. But don’t worry if you enjoy Super Smash Bros you can too play it on your PC. Thank you for reading and follow the steps above well to play the game on PC.
Please share this article with your friends and family who love playing fight games.