Even though PS2 was released years back, there are so many people are out there who still love to play PS2 games. It’s hard to explain to non-gamers how much we all loved PS2 when it was first released.
So, if you are one of those games who absolutely love to PS2 games yet then you’re awesome like me <3. What’s even more wonderful is that now we can PS2 games on Windows 10 PCs or Macbooks and iMac devices. To play PS2 games on PC we need PS2 Emulator for PC or PS2 emulator for Mac.
- You can also get PS3 Emulators for free.
So, I have tried every PS2 Emulator available for Windows 10 PCs and also on my MacBook. Not every PS2 emulator is great but there are some really great emulators are available for pS2. The following are PS2 emulators you can download for either Windows 10 PC and Mac.
PCSX2 PS2 emulator
It was first released to PS2 fanatics in 2002. PCSX2 was written by Gregory, Refraction, Gabest, Linuzappz, Shadow, and Saqib. But it was developed by the PCSX2 team. Before its release, there was PCSX, which was the first emulators from this team.
The following are features of this emulator.
- Supports save states and dynamic recompilation (JIT)
- Support Full High-Definition mode by use of GSdx plugin
- Ability to use cheat codes by use of PNACH patching files
- It supports an increase in game speed, use of an unknown number of memory cards, and use of any gaming pad.
The following are the specifications your PC should have.
- Windows XP 32-bit or higher but the recommended is Windows 8.1 64-bit or higher
- SSE2 support, Pentium 4 and above, Athlon64 and above CPU but the recommended is Intel i5-2400 or AMS FX-8350 or higher CPU
- A RAM of 2GB and above
- Pixel Shader 3.0 graphics card but the recommended is DirectX 11 graphics processing unit
For more information about PCSX2, please click this link. But for download, click the link below.
|OS||Windows and Mac|
|File Size||Windows – 17.01MB
macOS – 11.38MB
ePSXe PS2 emulator
ePSXe software S.L. was the company that developed this PS2 emulator. Its release was in October 2000. Among the best PS2 emulators, ePSXe ranks among the top.
The following are features of the ePSXe emulator for PS2.
- Makes use of plugins for emulation of SPU, GPU, and CD-ROM drive functions
- Supports HLE BIOS which mimics how PlayStation BIOS works
- Supports patching
Before you install ePSXe on your PC, the following are the requirements it must have.
- Intel Pentium III or Pentium 4 CPU
- RAM of 256 GB or 512 GB and a Video RAM of 16MB or 32MB
- X16 CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
- Windows XP SP3 or higher
- A DirectX 8 or 9 GPU
- Its official website is epsxe.com.
|OS||Windows 10, Mac|
- Know the best Android Emulator.
Connectix Virtual Game Station PS2 emulator
Aaron Giles was the author of this emulator, while Connectix were the developers of this PS2 emulator. It was released in January 1999. The Connectix Virtual Game Station is also known as VGS. The best part of this emulator can run most of the PS2 video games. Which is cool to many people who grew when PS2 was the only video game console. It runs on both Windows and macOS.
After a while, VGS was bought by Sony the original manufacturers of PS2 and deactivated the emulator. But you can still find the initial versions of VGS.
|File Size||2.13 MB|
That’s it about Play station 2 Windows 10 emulators guys. If you have got any queries or feedback about PS2 Mac emulators then do let us know in the comments section.
You can also try PS4 Emulators..